The Municipality of Lublin City, as the coordinator of the Lublin Medicine – Medical & Wellness Cluster, implements the project “ProVaHealth – Product Validation in Health”. The project has supported from the Interreg Region of the Baltic Sea Program 2014-2020 co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund.
ProVaHealth facilitates access to health infrastructures for startups and SMEs aiming for commercialization with excellent client validation opportunities, hands-on feedback and input for product development.
The project involves 14 health Living Labs from the Baltic Sea Region.
ProVaHealth aims to overcome the following challenges:
- Most Living Lab infrastructure serves only locally or regionally meaning lack of clients
- Slow market uptake of innovations.
The overall strategic aim is the “Baltic Sea Region as one test site for development of healthcare products and services”.
- Partners: 17 organisations from 8 Baltic Sea countries
- Duration: 36 months (2017 – 2020)
- Total budget: 3,022,842 €
- ERDF co-financing 2,353,386 €
- Total budget for The Municipality of Lublin City: 121 530,00 Euro (632 142, 00 PLN)
- ERDF co-financing for the Municipality of Lublin City: 85% EFRR – 103 300,50 Euro (537 320, 70 PLN)
- Fund: Interreg Baltic Sea Region Programme 2014-2020
- Part of the flagship “HealthRegion” recognized by the EU strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, Policy Area Innovation
- Lead Partner: Tallinn Science Park Tehnopol
- To create better collaboration between Health Living Labs in the Baltic Sea Region
- To ensure smooth access to Living Lab services for SMEs
- To improve market uptake of new products and services in health
- Enforcing innovation, creation of new entreprises and growth of SMEs
- Improving peoples health, well-being and quality of life
- Bring service to 300 SMEs
- Open services of Living Labs promoted globally
- Self-evaluation toolbox for Living Labs
- Transnational Living Lab concept including a service model
- Long-term business plans for 14 Living Labs
- 14 SMEs have a product and/or service validated
More information about the project can be found at: scanbalt.org/livinglabs/